SELINSGROVE, Pa. – The 20th-ranked Wesleyan volleyball team swept its doubleheader on Day 2 action at the River Hawk Invitational Saturday, hosted by Susquehanna, as the Cardinals defeated Stevens and Hunter in three sets. The Cardinals won by scores of 25-23, 25-17, 26-24 over Stevens and later claimed a win over Hunter by scores of 25-16, 25-16, 25-11. With the wins, Wesleyan improves to 10-2 on the year.
MATCH 1 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Wesleyan was led offensively by Maddie Kurke, who totaled 13 kills against Stevens, while Brina Kuslak added nine with a .692 hitting percentage. The freshman did not commit an error on 13 attempts. Bella Ahearn added seven kills with a .400 attack clip, and Gabby Bennett recorded six kills with a .600 hitting percentage.
- Kaira Muraoka-Robertson registered a double-double with 17 assists and 11 digs, and Grace Rose added 13 assists. The defense was led by Harper Graves' 17 digs while Phia Bellizzi and Olivia Guidotti totaled 13 and 10, respectively.
- Stevens was led by Casey King's 12 kills. Sara Hain and Allie Morton added six each, and Kathleen Riegner tallied a double-double with 25 assists and 11 digs. Elizabeth Chu registered a team-high 15 digs and Shelby Stewart had four blocks (one solo, three assisted).
MATCH 2 HIGHLIGHTS:
- The Cardinals' offense was incredibly efficient in the second match of the day as they hit .330 as a team against Hunter with just seven errors on 91 attempts. Bennett led the squad with nine kills with a .562 attack clip. For the day, the senior totaled 15 kills and zero errors. Kurke added seven kills and Graves and Mia Jago each totaled six.
- Rose led the team with 16 assists and Muraoka-Robertson dished out 13. Bellizzi led the defense with 18 digs and Bennett recorded two blocks.
- Kylie Hurst totaled seven kills for Hunter and Kendra Moore added six. Summer Magliochetti dished out 15 assists and Hurst and Ariana Silva led the defense with eight digs each. Moore also led the team with two block assists.
- The Cardinals return to the court on Friday, Oct. 4 with a road match against Colby scheduled for 8 p.m.