WATERVILLE, Maine - The 25th-ranked Wesleyan volleyball team handled Colby College Friday night on the road, 3-0. The Cardinals cruised with wins of 25-7, 25-22, 25-4 as they hit an incredible .398 as a team with just five errors on 88 attempts.
With the win, Wesleyan improves to 11-2 overall and 3-1 in NESCAC play. The loss drops the Mules to 4-11 and 0-4.
- The Cardinals scored the first 10 points of the match to set the tone early. Four-straight kills from Stasie Litinsky, Maddie Kurke, Harper Graves, and Mia Hogan sealed the first-set win.
- It was a different story in the second set as Colby came out strong and claimed a 14-5 lead. However, Wesleyan responded with a 14-5 run of its own and scored five of the final seven points to earn the victory.
- The visitors dominated the third set and jumped out to a decisive 11-2 lead. They recorded 13 kills on 20 attempts without committing an error en route to the commanding 25-4 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Ten different players recorded a kill for Wesleyan while Mia Hogan led the way with 11. Grace Rose dished out 17 assists and Phia Bellizzi recorded 17 digs. Brina Kuslak was a force at net with three block assists.
- Colby was led by Samantha Schultz who registered nine kills while Morgan Selby recorded a double-double with 19 assists and 11 digs.
- The Cardinals are back in action tomorrow and will play at Bates. The match is scheduled to start at 1 p.m.