WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – Freshman Becky Lopez-Anido of the Wesleyan University women's cross country team notched an 11th-place finish at the Little Three Champinship on Saturday, as the Cardinals finished in third place with 69 points at Williams College in Williamstown, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Williams claimed first-place honors with 20 points, and Amherst checked in at the No. 2 slot with 43. Nicky Roberts of Amherst finished first overall with a time of 17:49.0.
- Lopez-Anido has hit the ground running during her rookie season, as she cracked the top-five overall during her first two collegiate meets at the Wesleyan Invitational (Sept. 15) and Paul Short Run (Sept. 29). On Saturday, she was the first Cardinal to cross the finish line for the second time this season with a time of 19:43.0
- Junior Julia Mitchell, who has been one of the Cardinals' top-two finishers in all three meets this season, grabbed 13th-place recognition with a time of 19:51.0. Sophomore Sara Pinsonault ran an impressive race, clocking in with a time of 19:57.0, which was good for 15th overall and the third-best mark for Wesleyan.
- Freshman Emma Trapani was the Cardinals' fourth-place performer, with her time of 20:02.0 being good for 18th overall. Rounding out the scoring for the Cardinals was senior Morgan Findley, who placed 20th overall with a time of 20:15.0.
- Other strong performances for Wesleyan came from sophomore Rosie Skovron (20:26.0), freshman Lizzie Edwards (20:47.0) and senior Sylwia Lipior (20:56.0).
- Next on the agenda for the Cardinals will be the 2017 NESCAC Championship on Saturday, Oct. 28, in New Gloucester, Maine.