BETHLEHEM, Pa. – After being idle for three weeks, the women's cross country team ran to an impressive eighth-place finish in the Brown event at the 45th Annual Paul Short Run.
- Wesleyan's Becky Lopez-Anido was the 30th runner out of 362 on Saturday, completing the 6k course with a time of 22:31.
- Julia Mitchell was not far behind, crossing the finish line in 22:56, which was good for 55th place.
- Cardinals Sara Pinsonault and Rhoen Fiutak were third and fourth for Wesleyan, clocking in at 22:56 and 23:05 respectively.
- Emma Trapini (23:41), Abigail Pipkin (25:37) and Nora Markey (26:12) rounded out the scorers for Wesleyan.
- First-year runners Mary Brenna Catus and Madeline Nagler helped to pace each other on the course, finishing with times of 27:10 and 27:30, respectively.
UP NEXT: The Cardinals will be idle next weekend, before heading to Rowan University for the Inter-Regional Border Battle on October 13th.